Looking to create a long-lasting impression on your arriving guests? You must build your concrete driveway with the concrete.
- Nicely constructed driveway attracts the attention of those who visit your home. Concrete or cement is the material, which can produce sturdy and durable driveway at affordable price rates. It is also available in attractive range of finishes.
- When it comes to choosing material for the driveway, concrete is the best one. The versatile material is not only a popular building and house material but also it may be used to create a pleasant and smooth driveway. You may go for the textured look instead of the plain one.
The Various Kinds of Concrete or Cement Driveway
Concrete driveway is less expensive than the brick driveway. There is also no need for resealing and frequent upkeep or maintenance. Some of the popular types of concrete driveway are given below:
- If you are in a limited budget, you may go for plain driveway which carries plain color. Although cheaper, the driveway is a durable option.
- The exposed aggregate driveway is another type of concrete driveway which makes use of materials options appearing like granite. The material needs frequent polishing and other building materials and pigments need to be added. This gives new texture, design and color to the concrete.
- The stamped or decorative concrete may cost you more money but it is worth the investment. Since concrete is a versatile material, you can use concrete in diverse ways by using stains, dyes and colors to get the most attractive look for your driveways.
- In the stamped concrete, one pours the cement over the area framed already with the boards. Patterns are then applied to the material followed by the drying process. To let the style or pattern visible, pigment is usually added to the concrete.
The Benefits of Concrete Driveway
- Concrete material is minimal maintenance and a durable option. It requires just a minor scrub and an annual re-sealing.
- Everything should be done as per the manufacturer’s instruction. Resealing will prevent staining and improve its resistance to weather conditions. If you install the driveway correctly or maintain it well, it will last for 30-50 years.
- The cost of building this type of driveway is also affordable. It is much cheaper than the paver. Per square foot driveway may cost you $5-10. A lot depends on the complexity of the job also.
The Benefit of Coloring
If you find your concrete driveway to be dull and boring, you may either stamp it or color it. This will make the concrete attractive and beautiful to look at. The installation is also easy and even you can carry out the installation. Concrete driveways are appealing to look at and add to the value of the property. To add visual satisfaction, you may give patterns to the concrete. Just to avoid the stains and wearing, apply the sealing.
Easy to Clean and Maintain
As concrete makes up the bigger slab for driveway, it is easier to maintain and clean it. The lower cost of repair and maintenance make it less of headache to have concrete driveway. It is important to ensure that the concrete material is of high quality.
Concrete driveway is the practical option for the homeowners. You can make it appear attractive and elegant as per your taste and preference. The fact that concrete may be stamped and stained in variety of colors is the added advantage. With the new concrete driveway designers, you can experiment with any form of looks and designs for the concrete driveway. High quality concrete can also enhance the resale value of your house to a considerable extent.