Export Promotion Councils (EPCs) are the Government Authorities which promote exports from India and support export firms. EPCs are playing important role in Indian Trade.
Functionalities of EPCs:-
- Finding buyers for exporters,
- Understanding Markets,
- Accessing subsidies and incentives,
- Act as an intermediary between the Government and the export industry,
- Help in formulating the foreign trade policies of the country.
Export Promotion councils are registered as non- profit organizations under the Companies Act/Societies registration Act.
They perform advisory and executive functions. Encourage Export Industry to meet International standard of trade. Each Product type has it’s own Export Promotion Council, Exporter should take the membership in any export promotion council as per their line of product.
Role Played by Export Promotion Council of India:-
- EPCs are providing the information to the exporters and its members in increasing exports
- Aware the exporters about the Government schemes and benefits under these schemes they can avail like there is MEIS Scheme under which goods exporters can avail the benefits of 2% – 5% sometimes 7% on eligible exports in the form of Duty Credit Scrip which is transferable in nature and can be used in the payment of custom duties.
- Collect the data of Import-Export of its members to build a statistical base to compare industry growth.
- Organise trade delegations to explore opportunities to export products in other countries.
- Give advice to their members related to technology, quality control, standards and specifications etc.
- Organise the following to promote export business –
- Trade fairs
- Meets between buyers and sellers
Benefits of becoming member of Export Promotion Councils
- After registration members are granted Registration cum membership certificate (RCMC).
- RCMC helps to avail the benefits under foreign trade policies.
- To stay updated on recent modifications changes done in foreign trade policies by informational events and activities conducted by EPCs like Government replaced MEIS Scheme with
RoDTEP Scheme which will implemented phase wise in the coming few months.
Registration in Export Promotion Councils:-
- Exporters need to apply to the appropriate Export promotion schemes as per their products example apparel exporter has to register with AEPC.
- After Acceptance exporters will receive his RCMC.
Documents required for registering under Export Promotion councils:-
- Import-Export Code (IEC)
- Digital signature Certificate (wherever required)
- Certificate from chartered accountant, certifying the export turnover
- List of Directors/Partners with address details
- MSME(If available)
Export Promotion councils are taking the fees for registration, which can be checked on their individual portals.
Types of Memberships:-
- Lifetime Membership
- Corporate Membership
- Individual ordinary Membership
Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO):-
Ministry of commerce set up the FIEO in 1965 it’s head office is in Delhi have regional offices are across the India it has 20,000.
Pro – Tips
Be aware about the uses of RCMC
For multi items registration can be done in FIEO
|Name of council||Abbreviation||Products|
|Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority||APEDA||Agricultural Products & Processed Foods|
|Basic Chemicals Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetic Export Promotion Council||CHEMEXCIL||Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, and Cosmetics|
|Apparel Export Promotion Council||AEPC||Apparel|
|Carpet Export Promotion Council (CEPC)||CEPC||Carpets|
|Cashew Export Promotion Council of India||CEPCI||Cashews|
|Coffee Board||Coffee Board||Coffee|
|Chemicals and Allied Products Export Promotion Council||CEPEXIL||Chemicals|
|Coir Board||Coir Board||Coir Products|
|Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council||TEXPROCIL||Cotton and Cotton Goods|
|Engineering Exports Promotion Council||EEPC||Engineering Goods|
|Council for Leather Exports||CLE||Leather & Leather Goods|
|Electronics & Computer Software Export Promotion Council||ESC||Computer Software|
|Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts||EPCH||Handicrafts/Handicraft Goods|
|Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council||GJEPC||Gems & Jewellery|
|Handloom Export Promotion Council||HEPC||Cotton Handloom Fabrics/Home Textiles/Garment Accessories|
|Indian Silk Export Promotion Council||ISEPC||Silk & Silk Goods|
|Jute Manufacturers Development Council||JMDC||Jute Goods|
|Marine Products Export Development Authority||MPEDA||Marine Goods|
|Project Exports Promotion Council of India||PEPC||Civil & Engineering Projects|
|Plastics Export Promotion Council||PLEXCONCIL||Plastic & Plastic Goods|
|Powerloom Development & Export Promotion Council||PDEXCIL||Powerloom Fabrics & Made-ups|
|Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council||PHARMEXCIL||Pharma Products|
|Rubber Board||Rubber Board||Rubber & Rubber Goods|
|Services Export Promotion Council||SEPC||Services|
|Spices Board||Spices Board||Spices & Condiments|
|Sports Goods Export Promotion Counil||SGEPC||Sports Goods|
|Synthetic & Rayon Textiles Export Promotion COuncil||SRTEPC||Synthetic Fabric & Madeups|
|Tea Board||Tea Board||Tea|
|Wool & Woolen Exports Promotion Council||WWEPC ||Wool & Woollens|
|Tobacco Board||Tobacco Board||Tobacco and tobacco goods|