Despite being an unbeatable accounting software, Quickbooks can still encounter different technical glitches. In this post, we have discussed the unrecoverable error in Quickbooks. This issue is encountered when you attempt to open any Quickbooks file and the software is unable to reach the file. The Quickbooks Error message states: “Quickbooks has encountered a problem and needs to close.” In this post, learn about the causes and fixes of the unrecoverable error.
Why You Encounter Unrecoverable Error
Before we explain to you how to fix unrecoverable errors, you must know why you encounter the error. So, we have compiled a list of all the possible reasons for which you can face the issue.
- In case you are attempting to create a portable file.
- You may be trying to download an update for payroll.
- When you are attempting to send the payroll using direct deposit.
- Other than this, you may also face the issue while attempting to save a transaction.
- Moreover, the issue can also occur when you are attempting to open a company file saved on a previous Quickbooks version.
- You may be trying to close the Quickbooks company file window.
- Quickbooks may be facing other issues like Quickbooks error 3371 or Quickbooks update errors.
- Lastly, you can also face the issue when you attempt to start a company file on the system.
How to Fix Unrecoverable Error
Now, here are all the methods that you can use to fix the Quickbooks unrecoverable error. We have tried to list all the possible solutions. You may have to use more than one method depending upon the cause of the error.
Fix 1: Suppressing the Quickbooks Desktop Application
- To start with, you will have to press and hold the CTRL key on the keyboard.
- You will then have to double-click on the Quickbooks program. You will then have to keep pressing the CRTL key on the keyboard until you see the NO company open window on the screen.
- When done, you will have to choose the company file option on the No Company Open window.
- After this, you will have to hold the ALT key and then choose to open the file.
- Now, there are chances that the login window will open on the screen. You will then have to leave the ALT key. Also, type your username and password.
- When done, you will have to press the ALT key and hold it.
- Choose OK and then keep holding the ALT key until your company file is opened on the same.
Fix 2: Try to Open a Company File
- First, you will have to make sure that No company open window is opened on the system. You will then have to click on the open file option and then open the sample file.
- Choose the sample file of your choice from the list provided.
- Next, you will have to right-click on the desktop. Also, you will have to click on the new option and then open a new folder. You will then have to name the folder QBTEST.
- After this, you will have to look for the folder in which your company file is present.
- You will then have to right-click on the company file and then choose to copy the file.
- Now, you will have to paste your company file to the QBTEST folder.
- You will then have to open the company file from the QBTEST folder.
Fix 3: Fixing Quickbooks Application
- To begin with, you will have to repair the installation of the process of the Quickbooks application.
- For this, you may have to download the Quickbooks install the diagnostic tool on the system.
- You will then have to install the Quickbooks application with the help of the clean install tool.
- When done, you will have to fix the Microsoft components on the system. If you are not able to fix the Microsoft components, you will have to consult an IT professional.
Fix 4: Create New Windows User
- For this, you will have to hover to the start icon on the screen and then choose the settings option.
- Now, you will have to choose the accounts option and then click on the family option.
- Next, under the option for other users, you will have to add someone.
- After this, click on the option for I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Now, you will have to tick the option to add another user.
- Next, you need to type the name of the account according to your preference.
- When done, you will have to choose the administrator type as your account type and then choose the OK button.
So, these were some quick fixes that you need to follow to get rid of the Quickbooks unrecoverable error. We have tried explaining each method in detail. However, you continue facing the issue, we suggest you seek technical help.