This tutorial is for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon variant only not use on other versions of redmi note 3. So, in this post, you will learn about three tutorials which are; How to root redmi note 3, how to unlock bootloader and finally how to root the device by installing TWRP recovery on the device.
So the device Redmi note 3 is a most popular Smartphone of the Xiaomi redmi series and the most selling smartphone under 10000 in 2016-17 and now the users wanted to root their device for unlocking the ultimate power of the device.
Quick Overview –
- It comes with a full metallic body.
- The cool device with impressive design.
- It comes with a 5.5 inch IPS Display.
- It comes with Snapdragon 650 chipset with Hexa-core CPU which is 4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 and 2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A72.
- And GPU Adreno 510.
- And this device also comes with two variants which is 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM and 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM except this memory variants remaining all features are same in both the device.
So, basically why people root actually they wanna unlock the ultimate power or you can say the full ability of the device and to enjoy the extended features. But some people only root their phone to remove bloatware means the system default apps which comes with the device itself basically to free internal storage from unwanted apps that are not needed by the user. So in this post, we will do unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 3 and after that, we will be installing TWRP Recovery on the device and finally, we’ll be installing the SuperSU files on Remi note 3. But in this post, I’ll be not showing bootloader unlocking because I have already created a tutorial on this How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Officially and Unofficially as well and so I’m not gonna write again so go through this link and unlock your bootloader.
Warning: This tutorial is only for Snapdragon variant of Redmi note 3 and not for MediaTek or MTK variant so not try this if you do then it will result in device crash or other problems.
Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Steps
Before starting the rooting process you need to know that this full tutorial is divided into three parts which are –
- Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 3.
- Installing TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3.
- Rooting Redmi Note 3 by installing SuperSU.zip.
So before starting there are some points to remember and also requirements –
- First, don’t forget to create a full backup your full device in case if you want to restore again if anything goes wrong.
- At least charge your device up to a minimum 70% as there are three steps to perform.
- Check your device settings > Developer option > USB Debugging > If you are not turned on then turn it on.
- At least a low configuration PC.
- Download USB driver for redmi note 3 and install it on your PC. To download go through this link (https://www.xiaomigeek.com/redmi-note-3-usb-driver-twrp-toolkit.html).
- After you have to download that flashable superuser zip file which is SuperSU.zip. To download go through this link (https://download.chainfire.eu/696/supersu/).
- Now download TWRP Recovery for your Redmi note 3. To download go through this link (https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B_PrkMiyehZuRDN4TE4tVE5EU3M&export=download).
- Now after the above instructions go through the below tutorial.
Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 3
It is important to unlock bootloader before performing the rooting process. Because with an unlocked bootloader we cannot root the device so make sure that your device has to be unlocked the bootloader. For unlocking, bootloader go through the above link.
Installing TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3
Now after unlocking the bootloader of redmi note 3 you can easily flash TWRP Recovery and flash SuperSU.Zip and get root access to your device. So let’s get started.
- Go to the folder where you have kept the TWRP recovery image file.
- After that right click and choose Open command window here.
- Now you can see an opened command prompt window.
- After that switch off your device and boot it into fastboot mode by pressing Volume down button + power on button simultaneously.
- Now it is on the fast boot mode.
- Now you can connect your device with your PC by USB cable.
- Now for confirmation whether it is connected or not type this command in the cmd prompt
- Fastboot devices
- Now after that use this below command to flash TWRP Recovery on your device. Before doing that rename your downloaded twrp image to TWRP than do the next process.
- fast boot flash recovery twrp.img
- And if you want to install temporary or one-time TWRP recovery for installing supersu apk. Then type this command.
- Fastboot twrp.img
- That’s it you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your device. Now it’s time to root it.
- Now go to recovery mode by pressing volume down button + power on button simultaneously. Now you can flash custom ROM & Kernels.
Rooting Redmi Note 3 by installing SuperSU zip file
Before starting the rooting process download the flashable Superuser file SuperSU.Zip from the above-given link and after that paste it on your device’s internal storage anywhere.
- Now boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing volume down + power on button simultaneously.
- When you go for the first time in the TWRP recovery mode then you need to do some configurations which you can do easily.
- Select language.
- Check the Never show this screen during boot again option and Swipe to Allow Modifications.
- After that check Cache, Data and Mount system partition read-only.
- After doing these steps you will lend into the TWRP Recovery mode.
- Click the Install option.
- Choose SuperSU.zip
- Then finally swipe to install.
- And done your rooting process is complete. You have successfully rooted your device.
If you really liked and it was helpful for you then don’t forget to share.